Friday, November 16, 2012

A re-post from 2006. "Awake" by James Yee

I love writing. It is one of my passions in life. I usually need the refuge of my desk and the silence of my room to draw some kind of inspiration. But there are such moments when the god of words places his hand upon my shoulders and my hand begins to write.

Searching for an oasis in the middle of a transient desert, 
looking for meaning within the confines of the universe. 
Dreams, visions...they visit me as I sleep, leaving me empty as I wake up again. 
Phantom visitations from another world, keeping me safe from all that I have lost. 
Don't wake me up, let me lay down my head for awhile, let me wander through my slumber, taking refuge in a world that is not my own. 
If I ask, will you answer? If I look, will I find? Don't wake me up, I'm dreaming, don't wake me up, I'm trying to live.

No comments: