Saturday, December 25, 2004

trying to move out of someone else's shadow

Have you every felt like you were trying to fit in into someone else's shoe? trying to fit in into a shoe too small or just to big? I do. I feel like I'm living behind somebody else's shadow, this big dark shadow that I can't seem to overtake. I try to be me, I try to be the best that I can be, but even that doesn't seem to cut it. This shadow seems to be the standard of everything, I will always be compared to this shadow. I do wonder at times why this shadow seems to be so good that I can't even live up or just even up to it. I do feel very hurt at times, my heart ready to burst. Why can't I just be accepted for who I am, for the man that I am, to be given a chance to show what I can do and to prove that I can be good in what I do, for who I am..just me.

Sometimes you wonder, why life has to be unfair sometimes, but I guess that is reality. Your best will always not be enough to someone else. But I also know that things will also always be subjective and people will always have their own opinion so I guess I better learn to live with that fact. I do wish that I be given a chance to shine, to show and prove what I can do. That I can love, that I can be good in what I do, that I can be more than what they think I am. But unless I be given this chance, I will always be living behind this stupid shadow.



No comments: