Monday, March 17, 2008

Mad Monday

Start of the work week for me. Paquiao won yesterday, Military and even the MILF agreed on a ceasefire just to watch the bout. Everytime Manny does his thing inside the ring everything seems to stop, and for once the country is united. We are hungry, desperate... I may not be a politician, or a political analyst for that matter but let me give you my two cents on this issue. We are a dying race, diaspora is happening and the best of us are leaving this country for better opportunities in other countries. Government says economy is doing well, all I see is high inflation rate, high price of gasoline which basically translates to high prices of everything. You know what else I see? I see doctors studying to be nurses, the majority of students are taking up nursing with one thing in mind..going abroad. Now let me see if I can get this straight, good economy = our educated young people going abroad? hmmm.. something just doesn't connect if you get my drift. Going back to Paqiuao, man, as I've said we are hungry for change, I think we are looking for a catalyst to point the way, to give us our pride back. We need more Lozadas, more people who ain't afraid to speak the truth. I don't want another Edsa, I don't freaking care about what the opposition say's, all I want is change, for better opportunities for everyone, for the common man and without going to another country to find it. I do hope I see it in my lifetime.

No comments: