Tuesday, October 09, 2012

A Journey Home

I see you in the faces of people that I talk to. I hear you in each voice that speaks. In each pain and misery. In their joy and hope. Though I don't see, I feel. Though I can not touch, I know.

This love, this unexplainable love that beckons this empty shell. I wander amongst remains of a wilderness of a self-made prison. There is no light except what I sense within. Longing for hope, longing for love, longing for life.

Though I sense you a stranger, but a stranger you remind me you're not. Floating pictures of memories, of love gone and forlorn. Laughter and singing and joyous moments filled my mind as you remind me of how its been. A sense of home yet I choose to wander all alone.

Each night of dreamless sleep. Each day of cheerless work. An aching tiredness like one dying, each breath, a trying climb uphill. I speak with airless lungs, I cry with tearless eyes. How I long for rest, how I long to stop this wandering. How I long to come home. A place I can call my own.

my dear silent friend. I deemed you silent yet you speak in my thoughts. The loyal stranger who seeks me as if I was a long lost friend. Your faithfulness astounds me, your love beckons me. Your nearness, a sense of home.

No comments: