Thursday, June 15, 2006

Through the Trail of Tears

The rain has started to fall as I walk through this trail of tears. Washing away the pain of those hollowed years. The path is damp with rain, the scent of leaves damp after the rain reaches me. I am starting to walk away, slowly but surely. Trying to reach for another day. Memories flood my thoughts, of those times, of those years. Of all the promises, our joys and all the pain. It all rushes back to me like waves, rising...falling. How did it all end? Too tired to question, no longer interested to know the truth. No longer interested in playing the games that players play. No more mindgames, I'm walking on. There are questions that no longer need to be answered. I am moving on. Too tired to do this anymore. But to just go back to that moment in time, our time. To once again gaze into your eyes, the glitter of forever. I would do anything. But I know it is too late, now that everything's broken. If the walls around me could speak, they would tell you of the love I once had for you, of prayers spoken in the darkness and throughout the night. I miss the love we use to have. But now I am walking on, slowly...through this trail of tears.

No comments: