Tuesday, October 03, 2006

There is a war going on inside my mind, in my brain and in my heart. A conflict between who I have become and who I was before. It rages inside of me, a battle for my will and soul. Who's side will win is entirely up to me. For I have been given the power of choice. I have complete control over the outcome of this battle. But there is also a danger in this power that I have been given, this freedom of choice. The danger that lurks inside the dark side of me. The darkside that unleashes its wrath against the fraily of my humanity. It is my curse, it is my fate. I do the things I don't want to do and I can't seem to do the things that I ought to do. I am powerless at times against this mighty adversary, for my enemy, my foe is also within me.


In the darkness, when my eyes could only weep empty tears. In silent anguish and despair, my eyes strained to see, in desperation, I called out and reached with feeble hands to the empty space above me. Fighting off my fears and the doubts inside my mind. Unseen hands of comfort, embracing me for the man that I am. Grace flooded through my emptiness, filling me up and making me whole. In the silence of my room the battle continues to rage. But I already know the outcome of this seige. I am coming back to open arms, I am coming back to arms of grace.

No comments: